What is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry focusing on diagnosing and treating poorly positioned or malpositioned teeth. Leaving teeth in the wrong position can cause various problems:
- Broken/Fractured and worn teeth: malpositioned teeth can chip, wear and break at different rates. This can lead to a patient needing more extensive dentistry. Aligning the teeth into the right position will significantly reduce the chance of fracturing and wearing the teeth.
- Gum/periodontal disease: crowded teeth can increase the risk of gum disease and oral infections due to the difficulty in establishing good oral hygiene. Orthodontics can move the teeth into the correct position thus improving brushing and flossing.
- Tooth decay/caries: crooked teeth are more difficult to clean leading to plaque and food traps which causes decay. By straightening the teeth, it will become much easier to clean and maintain.
- Temporomandibular joint problems: bite problems can affect the health of the jaw joint. By correcting the bite, many joint problems can be fixed.
There are many health and cosmetic benefits to orthodontic treatment. These include:
- Closing spaces
- Correcting crooked teeth
- Improving the bite so that the teeth meet comfortably
- Reducing the risk of damaged/broken teeth
- Enhancing facial aesthetics
- Accommodating unerupted, displaced or impacted teeth
- To prepare for advanced dental treatment such as implants, veneers, crowns and bridges
- Increased confidence in your smile
Who is suitable for braces?
Everyone can wear braces, adults and children. Age is not a factor. You may require orthodontic treatment if you have:
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Overlapping teeth
- If you are self conscious or embarrassed about your smile
- Gappy teeth
- Protruding teeth
- Overjet, overbite, crossbite or underbite
- Difficulty in eating/chewing your food
- Painful jaw
- Difficulty in brushing/flossing your teeth
There are two types of orthodontic treatment that we can provide:
Removable- can still do sport/meetings/nights out
Not embarrassed by their smile
Safe effective trust
Overlapping and crowded
Fix that Single tooth that you have always hated
Do you place your hand over your mouth when you laugh?
Do you hide your teeth when
Did you know your teeth will get more crowded as you get older?
Are straight teeth worth it?
In life there is always 1
Would you be interested in an invisible solution that could straighten your teeth in six months? (CTA)