Having a filling?
- Amalgam: 8-13 years
- Composite: 7 years
- Glass ionomer: 5 years
- Ceramic/porcelain: 15+years
- Gold: 15+ years
All fillings must be looked after by brushing twice daily and flossing. It is also advisable to see the hygiene therapist every 6 months to help maintain your mouth and fillings.
A crown is a restoration that covers (or caps) your natural tooth thus restoring it back to normal shape, size and function.
There are numerous reasons that we may need to place a crown. These include:
- To protect broken down and weak teeth
- Back teeth that have been received a root canal
- To hold together a cracked tooth
- As part of your dental implant
At Cosmetic Smile & Implant Centre we tend to favour tooth coloured cermaic crowns, however, if the situation needs it, then we may advise you to have a gold crown placed.